Sunday, August 29, 2010

Gettin' creative (1/365)

I've added a couple of links to my blog - You Capture and 365 - both opportunities to explore photography. So...not only am I hoping write more, but I'm adding picture taking to the mix too. We'll see how long they both last!! With You Capture, we're given a word each week and are asked to take a picture inspired by that word and share it through your blog and on the You Capture site. And with 365 we're challenged to picture every day for 365 days.
Here's my picture from yesterday - day #1 of 365 (thus the 1/365 in the title)


This is a picture taken on Star Island - one of the Isles of Shoals off the coast of NH. I was there for a retreat for church. Each evening, there is a chapel service - these candles are carried up the hill to the 210 year old chapel. Watching the chapel fill with these glowing lights is one of my favorite things. I worked on Star Island from 1984-1990 and one of my side jobs was to prepare the candles for the service and hand them to people as they silently go to the chapel.

365 Days

1 comment:

  1. You go Bubba. Look at you with all your challenges! Wowza. Looking forward to doing the 365 w/ya. I'm a few days ahead, but not many. I'll look for your posts. Hope you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete