Thursday, August 26, 2010

HikingRev?

I haven't written much yet because I've been pondering why I want to share my thoughts online, and do I really want to. I don't consider myself much of a writer but I've been inspired by a friend who started a blog in the Spring.
I originally had the idea as a way of documenting my journey and goal of hiking all of the 4,000 footers in the White Mountains of NH - there are 48 of them and I've done 5 so far. I love reading hiking books, hiking blogs and have followed several folks on trailjournals.com as they make their way on the Appalachian Trail. So I guess I've wanted to be one of those who writes about hiking adventures and here's my chance. And it's a way to share my unique perspective of doing this as a formerly morbidly obese person. I had weight loss surgery in December 2006 and have lost 1/2 of my weight. Here's a "before" picture followed by an "after" picture:


I hope to share some of that journey as I share my hiking journey - the ups and downs of both.
And the "rev" part? In June of 2006 I was ordained as an interfaith minister which has been a journey of its own and seems like more fodder for writing.
So there's a bit about why I'm here.

1 comment:

  1. I think the photo's add a nice touch. I look forward to hearing more about your journey through hiking and weight loss. I admire your desire to share your story.

    ReplyDelete