Sunday, January 29, 2012

Self Portrait

The theme for the P52 project this week was "Self Portrait" - rut roh...don't know what I think about that.  In general, I don't mind pictures of myself.  Of course, there are some I really like and some I REALLY don't like, but I'm not one of those folks who ducks behind others, runs screaming from the room, etc when someone pulls out a camera.  But a self portrait - that means I'd have to think about how I'd like to present myself.  I shared this hesitation with my friend who is also doing P52 and she gave me some great suggestions - just do a part of me, try it from an angle, a reflection of me, etc.
As a result, this was the first time during this challenge that I took a bunch of pictures of myself - different settings, angles, smiles, no smiles, etc.  It was actually fun to take pictures of myself - what a concept!
So - here's the one you get to see.  As I was driving home from work I noticed the sky full of little puffy clouds - the sky was constantly changing in the sunset.  By the time I got home and got my camera (yes, I need to keep it with me!) the clouds had started to fade, but it was still a beautiful sky and the moon was just appearing.  So here I am admiring the sky, those bare trees that I love, and feeling ok sharing a picture I took of myself.

project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

3 comments:

  1. I'm one who ducks and hides!! I like the angle of your shot... well done!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey friend.... you done good. I like that you took a lower POV (point of view) so you got big sky behind you. Yay....that's 3 for 3 on the P52. Keep going. And yes, if you keep your camera with you, you'll be ready for the next gorgeous sky.
      (and anyone who may be doing West African dancing or Croatia's Next Best Model)

      Delete